TUA TAGOVAILOA, QB, ALABAMA
6’0” 215 LBS
- Excellent footwork
- Keeps his eyes downfield when navigating the pocket
- Lightning quick release
- Great touch on intermediate/deep throws
- Record holder for NCAA passing efficiency
- RPO God
- Supreme confidence in himself
- 3 surgeries in one calendar year
- Gets fooled by LB’s and Safeties in zone coverage at times
- Left Handed
- Has a hero complex at times
- Doesn’t always protect the ball in the pocket
Tua would be QB1 if not for the injuries. He has a mix of accuracy, anticipation, and touch that has never been seen before at the NCAA level. Once the hip injury is fully healed he should be an immediate NFL starter. Needs to work on recognizing coverages quicker and knowing when to throw the ball away. Would be best utilized in an RPO heavy offense like that of Kansas City, Chicago, Philadelphia.
Tua is a hard player to compare because we haven’t seen many successful lefties in the NFL. Steve Young comes to mind but Tua is not close to him as an athlete. Tua’s best comp is a right-handed QB, Drew Brees. Both do not possess prototypical size but they are accurate and throw similar balls.
Draft Grade: Round 1Position Rank: QB2
FishTankSports is officially up and running! Be sure to check out the rest of the website for more great content and follow along on twitter @FishTankSports. Also, be sure to hop on our forums page and join in on the discussion.