JOE BURROW, QB, LSU
6’4” 22O LBS
- Master of pre-snap reads
- Incredible poise in the pocket
- Deadly accuracy on underneath throws
- Extremely tough and emotional player
- Top-notch leadership ability
- Takes what the defense gives rather than taking unnecessary chances
- An infectious personality that will win over any locker room
- Takes too many hits on scrambles/designed runs
- Was bad in 2018; is he a one-year wonder?
- Leaves deep balls outside the numbers short on a consistent basis
- Won’t have Joe Brady with him in the NFL
- Doesn’t have “WOW” arm talent
Teams will fall in love with him through the pre-draft process. Wherever he is drafted, his teammates there will love him. Not the most talented quarterback in the draft but he is an overachiever. Can be an upper-tier starter in the right system. He is at his best when he is delivering quick, short passes over the middle, or when he improvises as the pocket breaks down.
Burrow is an interesting case. His playstyle is eerily reminiscent of Tom Brady, also a system QB, but he can move much better than Brady ever could. I am not saying that Burrow will break every NFL record and win 6 super bowls, but his playstyle is undeniably similar to that of the GOAT.
Draft Grade: Round 1
Position Rank: QB1